THRIVE Talks is a monthly podcast hosted by artists Jamie Smith and Tara Galuska from THRIVE Art Studio. Every episode follows the format of a THRIVE Mastermind meeting where they share what they are excited about, learning and struggling with.
In this episode, Tara and guests Crissy Arseneau and Jenn Brisson talk about:
- Helping each other as women to build confidence and the importance of teamwork and reaching out to others.
- Having priorities when growing a business, saying both "yes" and "no", and dedicating your best to the parts that matter.
- How far you're willing to go for a client, and negotiating between your own expectations as well as your clients'.
- Crissy Arseneau's website and Instagram
- Jenn Brisson's website and Instagram
- Sandeep Johal
- Jennifer Clark
- Kari Kristensen
- Jenn's '5 Second Day' film with Titmouse Animation
- April Lacheur and Sarah Ronald, and their Port Moody Art Center exhibitions
- Smithsonian's Earth
- Smithsonian's The Planets
- 13 feet off the ground
- Joanne Hastie
- Rebecca Chaperon
- Maker Labs, and Tools for Women
- Tierney Milne
- Women Who Draw
- The Pumpkin Plan, by Mike Michalowicz
- Pennylane Shen's artist consultations
- Aimée Henny Brown
- Crissy's Suspended in a Sunbeam
- Start with Art, at the Seymour Art Gallery in North Vancouver
Special thanks to:
Marty and Laurie from Sonance Media.