Content warning: Please note in this episode we speak about childhood sexual abuse, being triggered and Donald Trump.
THRIVE Talks is a monthly podcast hosted by artists Jamie Smith and Tara Galuska from THRIVE Art Studio. Every episode follows the format of a THRIVE Mastermind meeting where they share what they are excited about, learning and struggling with.
In this episode, Jamie, Tara, and their guest Ola Volo talk about:
- Ola's design process behind murals and how she prepares for them.
- How to deal with being overwhelmed and constructively protecting yourself in a sustainable manner.
- Balancing financial resources, time, and your own art practice in terms of projects, and shedding old goals to make way for growth.
- Ola Volo's Instagram and website.
- The Profile
- Kari Kristensen, Laura Yu, and Tierney Milne
- Takashi Murakami, and his show in the Vancouver Art Gallery, "The Octopus Eats Its Own Leg"
- Jamie's new website
- Creative Mornings
- Pennylane Shen Artist Consulting
- Chef's Plate
- Janet Mock
- Fashion documentaries that Ola mentions: Dior and I, Iris, and The First Monday in May
- The September Issue
- Brené Brown in Oprah's Super Soul podcast - part 1, and part 2
Special thanks to:
Marty and Laurie from Sonance Media.